Mar 6, 2008

PTL


No, not Praise The Lord, (well, okay that TOO), but PAUL THORN LIVE. I just LOVE his shirt!
Now, you gotta understand..Paul is my HomeBoy. He doesn't know it or anything, but I am a HUGE fan. I saw him live a few years ago at the Lauderdale County Livestock Barn or somesuch nonsense, and have been quite enamored with his lyrical skillz ever since. Well, he's a myspace friend o'mine, and since I am apparently going to miss this year's St. Paddy's Day Parade (which pisses me off to no end, but that's another post altogether cuz I REALLY wanna hang with Bizkit Betty in the the Volvo Wagon), I am planning a pilgrimage to the wonderful city of Laurel, MS to a new joint called "The Reserve" to see Paul LIVE AND IN PERSON in a one-man acoustical masterpiece on April the 18th, in the year of Our Lord 2008. His Bio is most unusual, and he is from Tupelo, Home of The King, so he MUST be good, right? My cousin has one of his paintings because she did a story on him for a magazine, so you KNOW I am SO hatin' on that heffa.


He is a HOOT for those of you unknowing non-believers, but please, if you can read this, do NOT pass up this chance! He will be on Conan on 3/19 to perform (which KICKS ASS!) and to give you a preview of the delights known to those ordained in the ways of The Thorn. Please, Ladies and Gents, let us break bread and drink cold beverages together on 4/18/08 at 9pm with Paul Thorn. It is at 9 p.m., people. That's plenty time to get home, change clothes, throw a spare change o'clothes if needed in a bag and get there on time. It is just blocks off the Chantilly St. exit from I-59, and there are a few hotels nearby for those of us who WILL be raising a glass (or 6 or 12) to Mr. Paul. The tickets are 10-15 bucks each. Surely, even those amongst the cult of Dave Ramsey, can squeeze that into your budget. And you DID get over a month's notice!
In Paul We Trust (No, He Ain't Obama!)
~:>

No comments: