Jul 23, 2007

BIG NEWS!

1I am a Grandmother! AGAIN! (No, NOT my people kids-my Furchildren!)

Poor little
Sophie....we lost her 1st litter by the time they were 3 weeks old. There were only three of them, and I guess they were the test run. She really wasn't ready and had a really hard labor.

Four days ago, I measured her tummy. FIFTEEN INCH GIRTH. I knew she had started to beep when she backed up, and needed a Wide Load sign. She is a normally tiny girl; my thumb and forefinger touch when I reach around her neck. And yeah, she can still breathe!

We return from the Fair last night to discover...6 kittens!!!!! New Babies!

Tim is in panic mode. Our cat population doubled overnight, and I have decided I will sit on the highway every weekend wearing a sign that says "WILL WORK FOR KITTY LITTER."

Congratulations, girl. Your ummmmmmmmm, body will never be the same. Take it from me-I, too, had a litter during the Fair!

My twin sons will be 16 in a week.
HOLY MIDDLE AGE, BATMAN!

~:>

9 comments:

Resister said...

Congratulations! (No, I don't want one.)

CluckyRN said...

Dang.

You read my mind. A lil furry buddy would be just right for your lil casa!

(I think Bec needs a few as well)

~:>

Supermom said...

Awwww. Sophie looks just like my beloved Missy that passed away last year in my arms.

:-(

The Zero Gravity Janitor said...

Very happy for you.

Remember that concept though called "spay" hahahahahah!

Your house will be joyfully full of little furballs!

CluckyRN said...

supermom, there is a little black one-the rest appear to be tabbies. I would be more than happy to save it for you-and we also have a black tom and tabby girl that are brother & sis, about 6 months old, and 'available'.

~:>

CluckyRN said...

PS ZGJ-I guess I have a pro-life vet. She was already on her way when I took her to get spayed. They wouldn't do it.

~:/

Left-n-76 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Left-n-76 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Left-n-76 said...

Hey Clucky, are you trying to compete with the Washington Madame with all them cats? Ha Ha or is it Tee Hee?