Sep 2, 2007

Memory Lane


I was googling away...started with "Bewitched",then "Three's Company", then to John Ritter who died while we were living in Cali. So...I googled 'wildfire 2003 california valencia' and WOW...here's where I had just arrived 4 years ago...this was taken with Six Flags Magic Mountain in the foreground...we were only 3 miles away. We arrived in August,the fires were in October,and we made our first trip home a week after going to see Leno. I have never been so glad to see home...and humidity.

We went to downtown Los Angeles to see our first-ever live television show: The Tonight Show with Jay Leno We noticed the fires moving faster than we thought..duh, dumb hicks from Mississippi...

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Nuh uh. Where did you live in California? That's where I moved here from. I remember those fires - driving on I-10 going to Yucaipa and seeing a wall of black, black smoke against the blue sky. It was surreal.

The Topiary Cow said...

What is scary is if the drought conditions continue here Mississippi could be like that too....

Moo!