Jun 16, 2008

More about Daddy

I guess the logical idea is to work from the end to the beginning. I can't do it all at once-how do you fit 20 years into 20 minutes of writing? Impossible. So I will start at the end, and over time, give you an idea of why I miss him so very very much. Hopefully I can get my scanner to behave, and I will add a pic of him in here for visual reference. I don't think he will mind...like I said, he loved a story. Just let him get the boat in the middle of the lily pads with a good open faced reel with some 20# test and a spinner bait...and a cold brew, and he may just sit back & listen. I hope Papaw is with him...our visual is them fishing and looking at us and laughing their butts off!
~:>

2 comments:

Susan said...

Now that reminded me of my uncle! He taught me how to run a trot line so he could sit in the back of the boat, drink his beer, and just motor me from one line to the other while i ran and baited the lines. Then we'd head up the Pearl, pole fish a while, and run all the lines back down to the landing. Dang, I miss him. But what a good way to start a story.

From the Doghouse said...

If memories bring a smile, you had a good relationship. If they bring a laugh, you had a great one.