Jun 18, 2008

Sucker Punch, Part II aka "Why I Relay!"

Today, I took Mom for the followup on her mammogram. *sigh* Called me in after they repeated the scan to tell both of us she does have Breast Cancer. Dr. P is fantastic, awesome, compassionate, and just Da BOMB. She even held our hands and prayed before doing the needle biopsies. She took four samples-and Mom did great. Lidocaine is WONDER DRUG! We go back tomorrow to Dr. P's to get the site rechecked, then on to the surgeon, Dr. G. The tumor is about the size and shape of a marble, on the right breat at 9:00 position.
More to follow...
~:<

7 comments:

watercolordaisy said...

hugs sweetie. Your mom is on my prayer list.

msudeere said...

so sorry Denise and prayers for your mom keep us updated

mayberry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mayberry said...

Please know you and your mom are in my prayers.

From the Doghouse said...

I'm so, so sorry. Hopefully though, they've caught it in time and this will just be a bump in the road and a story for other times.

CluckyRN said...

Or maybe a lump in the road.
Heh.
~:>

grammargirl said...

You know you're both in my thoughts and prayers.