Dec 12, 2007

I'm Still Here


I have been feeling BLECH the last few weeks. Went to the doc since I gained 14 pounds in 11 days...in fluid. He doubled my Lasix to 120mg and bumped up the Toprol to 150mg since my heart rate is still hopping into the 140's several times a week. So let me clarify...I FEEL LIKE SHIT.

Things are clicking along pretty good with the kids. The Princess has completely recovered from her tonsillectomy, Prodigal Son is totin' an A in Algebra (go Strattera!), and First Born got his braces off today!!!

A few weeks ago, I showed up to work to find this pitiful, skinny but sweet yellow lab. (Go ahead and say it: SUCKER!) I asked around, but nobody knew where he came from. I decided, after talking to Mr. Fabulous, to bring him home and fatten him up. He immediately chased every cat up a tree and raised hell with Rusty. Uh-oh. Fed him, then took him back to the office. Later as I was leaving for the day, he jumped in the back of my truck. Oh shit...I have a new dog. Now he's mellowed out, doesn't chase the cats, and only growls when Russ is coming inside-we guess he's jealous because he wants to come in too. His name is "Yellow Dog." (Watch Chevy Chase's 'Funny Farm' to understand.)
He has a few pillows on the floor of the utility room to sleep on. Last weekend when it rained, they started stinking to high heaven, so we threw them in the washer. When we went to throw them in the dryer, here's what we found:


Needless to say, Santa will be bringing him a REAL bed for Christmas. He's an old man-he deserves better. As you can see from the top pic, he makes a pretty good conversationalist too~
~:>


18 comments:

Supermom said...

that dog looks SO much like my Casey!!

P.S... invitations have gone out, never heard from you but I'm having a Christmas party Saturday night for the bloggers...

I know it's late notice and I know it's a long drive...just wanted to give one last shout out...

Supermom said...

that picture of that dog with it's paw up at Ms Thang....

PRICELESS!

AM said...

THAT'S AN AWESOME PIC!!!

Susan said...

What a sweet pup.

Hope they're at least making progress with your meds. I know with some of that stuff the treatment makes you feel worse than the original condition.

From the Doghouse said...

Basket O' Puppy!

mayberry said...

Been missin ya! Glad to see you posting!

Christy said...

Yaaay! I am so glad to hear from you!! I like "yellow dog" funny farm is one of my all time favs!!! I hopeyou have a good Holiday.

If you can Please please please try to make it out to Super Moms Saturday night :) We need to see you!!

watercolordaisy said...

aaaaw! What a sweet boy!!

watercolordaisy said...

and glad you found the Spoons story on my blog. It does help explain it, doesn't it? hugs!!

Webmaster said...

What a sweet dog! You're not a sucker, though, you've just got a big heart. :)

From the Doghouse said...

Hope you're feeling better!

BB said...

merry christmas! :)

mayberry said...

Merry Christmas BABE! New Year's Resolution: Meet Clucky at Fernandoes for lunch one day!

From the Doghouse said...

Hope you had a fantastic Christmas!

The Topiary Cow said...

Awww. Clucky is so nice to give the poor doggy a home.

Dumped animals are the unnamed tragedy of our state.

Moo!

Susan said...

Just saw from MR's that your little one is not doing so great. Hope she gets better in a hurry. Lots of hugs.

Anonymous said...

cute puppy!

From the Doghouse said...

Have a great New Year's Eve!